The Lenovo ThinkSystem SR550 dual-socket 2U rack server is ideal for small to large organizations that need industry-leading reliability, management, and security, as well as cost-optimized performance, storage capacity, and flexible I/O. Designed to handle a wide range of workloads, the SR550 server cost-effectively performs complex analytics on structured and unstructured data, speeds transactional systems, and powers through collaboration workloads with ever-growing data sets and large files shared within an organization.
The SR550 server offers a balance of processing power, storage capacity, and cost for small and medium businesses up to the large enterprise. Ease of use and comprehensive systems management tools help make deployment easier and efficient design improves your business environment and helps save operational costs.
Scalability and performance
The SR550 server offers numerous features to boost performance, improve scalability, and reduce costs:
- Improves productivity by offering superior system performance with the second generation of the Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family with up to 22-core processors, up to 30.25 MB of last level cache (LLC), up to 2933 MHz memory speeds, and up to 10.4 GT/s Ultra Path Interconnect (UPI) links.
- Support for up to two processors, 44 cores, and 88 threads allows to maximize the concurrent execution of multithreaded applications.
- Intelligent and adaptive system performance with energy efficient Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology allows CPU cores to run at maximum speeds during peak workloads by temporarily going beyond processor thermal design power (TDP).
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology boosts performance for multithreaded applications by enabling simultaneous multithreading within each processor core, up to two threads per core.
- Intel Virtualization Technology integrates hardware-level virtualization hooks that allow operating system vendors to better utilize the hardware for virtualization workloads.
- Intel Speed Select Technology provides improvements in server utilization and guaranteed per-core performance service levels with more granular control over processor performance.
- Intel Deep Learning Boost (Vector Neural Network Instruction set [VNNI]) is designed to deliver significant, more efficient Deep Learning (Inference) acceleration for high-performance Artificial Intelligence (AI) workloads.
- Intel Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (AVX-512) enable acceleration of enterprise-class and high performance computing (HPC) workloads.
- Helps maximize system performance for data intensive applications with up to 2933 MHz memory speeds and up to 768 GB of memory capacity.
- Offers flexible and scalable internal storage in a 2U rack form factor with up to 16x 2.5-inch drives for performance-optimized configurations or up to 12x 3.5-inch drives for capacity-optimized configurations, providing a wide selection of SAS/SATA HDDs/SSDs.
- Provides I/O scalability with a LOM slot and up to six PCI Express (PCIe) 3.0 I/O expansion slots in a 2U rack form factor.
- Reduces I/O latency and increases overall system performance with Intel Integrated I/O Technology that embeds the PCI Express 3.0 controller into the Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family.
|Machine types||7X03 – 1 year warranty|
7X04 – 3 year warranty
|Form factor||2U rack-mount.|
|Processor||Up to two Intel Xeon Gen 2 Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum processors:Up to 22 cores (1.9 GHz core speeds)Up to 3.8 GHz core speeds (4 cores)Two UPI links up to 10.4 GT/s eachUp to 30.25 MB cacheUp to 2933 MHz memory speed1st Gen Intel Xeon processors are also supported.|
|Memory||Up to 12 DIMM sockets (6 DIMMs per processor; six memory channels per processor with one DIMM per channel). Support for RDIMMs and LRDIMMs. Memory types cannot be intermixed. Memory speed up to 2933 MHz depending on the processor selected.|
|Memory protection||Error correction code (ECC), SDDC (for x4-based memory DIMMs), ADDDC (for x4-based memory DIMMs, requires Intel Xeon Gold or Platinum processors), memory mirroring, memory rank sparing, patrol scrubbing, and demand scrubbing.|
|Memory capacity||Up to 768 GB with 12x 64 GB RDIMMs (Up to 384 GB per processor).|
|Drive bays||8 LFF SATA Simple Swap drive bays8 LFF SAS/SATA hot-swap drive bays12 LFF SAS/SATA hot-swap drive baysUp to 16 SFF hot-swap drive bays: 8x 2.5″ SAS/SATA + 8x 2.5″ SAS/SATA|
|Internal storage capacity||2.5-inch drives:245.76TB using 16x 15.36TB 2.5-inch SAS SSDs38.4TB using 16x 2.4TB 2.5-inch HDDs3.5-inch drives:216TB using 12x 18TB 3.5-inch HDDs92.16TB using 12x 7.68TB 3.5-inch SAS/SATA SSDs|
|Storage controller||6 Gbps SATANon-RAID: Onboard SATA AHCIRAID 0/1/10/5: Onboard SATA RAID (Intel RSTe)12 Gbps SAS/6 Gbps SATA RAIDRAID 0/1/10/5/50:RAID 530-8iRAID 730-8i 1GB CacheRAID 0/1/10/5/50/6/60:RAID 730-8i 2GB FlashRAID 930-8i 2GB FlashRAID 930-16i 4GB or 8GB Flash12 Gbps SAS/6 Gbps SATA non-RAID: 430-8i or 16i HBA|
|Optical drive bays||None. Support for an external USB DVD RW Optical Disk Drive (See Optical drives).|
|Network interfaces||2x Integrated 1 GbE RJ-45 ports (no 10/100 Mb support)Onboard LOM slot for two additional 1/10 Gb Ethernet ports:2x 1 GbE RJ-45 ports (no 10/100 Mb support)2x 10 GbE RJ-45 ports (no 10/100 Mb support)2x 10 GbE SFP+ ports (no 10/100 Mb support)Optional Mezzanine LOM (ML2) slot for dual-port 10 GbE cards with SFP+ or RJ-45 connectors.1x RJ-45 10/100/1000 Mb Ethernet systems management port.|
|I/O expansion slots||Up to six slots. Slot 4 is the fixed slots on the system planar, and the remaining slots depend on the riser cards installed. The slots are as follows:Slot 1: PCIe 3.0 x16 or PCIe 3.0 x8; full-height, half-length (PCIe x16 slot is double-wide)Slot 2: PCIe 3.0 x8; full-height, half-length (not present if the slot 1 is PCIe x16)Slot 3: PCIe 3.0 x8 or ML2 x8; full-height, half-lengthSlot 4: PCIe 3.0 x8; low profile (vertical slot on system planar)Slot 5: PCIe 3.0 x16; full-height, half-lengthSlot 6: PCIe 3.0 x8; full-height, half-lengthSlot 5 requires the second processor to be installed.|
|Ports||Front: 1x USB 2.0 port with XClarity Controller access and 1x USB 3.0 port; optional 1x VGA port.Rear: 2x USB 3.0 ports and 1x VGA port; optional 1x DB-9 serial port.|
|Cooling||Three (one processor) or four (two processors) non-hot-swap system fans with N+1 redundancy.|
|Power supply||Up to two redundant hot-swap 550 W or 750 W (100 – 240 V) High Efficiency Platinum or 750 W (200 – 240 V) High Efficiency Titanium AC power supplies. HVDC support (PRC only).|
|Video||Matrox G200 with 16 MB memory integrated into the XClarity Controller. Maximum resolution is 1920×1200 at 60 Hz with 32 bits per pixel.|
|Hot-swap parts||Drives (select models) and power supplies.|
|Systems management||XClarity Controller (XCC) Standard, Advanced, or Enterprise (Pilot 4 chip), proactive platform alerts, XClarity Provisioning Manager, XClarity Essentials, XClarity Administrator, XClarity Integrators for VMware vCenter and Microsoft System Center, XClarity Energy Manager, Capacity Planner.|
|Security features||Power-on password, administrator’s password, secure firmware updates, Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 or 2.0 (configurable UEFI setting). Optional lockable front bezel. Optional Trusted Cryptographic Module (TCM) or Nationz TPM (available only in PRC). Optional Lenovo Business Vantage security software (available only in PRC).|
|Operating systems||Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, VMware ESXi. See the Operating systems section for specifics.|
|Warranty||One-year (7X03) or three-year (7X04) customer-replaceable unit (CRU) and onsite limited warranty with 9×5 Next Business Day Parts Delivered.|
|Service and support||Optional service upgrades are available through Lenovo Services: 2-hour or 4-hour response time, 6-hour or 24-hour committed service repair (select areas), warranty extension up to 5 years, 1-year or 2-year post-warranty extensions, YourDrive Your Data, Enterprise Software Support, and Basic Hardware Installation Services.|
|Dimensions||Width: 445 mm (17.5 in.), height: 87 mm (3.4 in.), depth: 764 mm (30.1 in.). See Physical specifications for details.|
|Weight||Minimum configuration: 19 kg (41.9 lb), maximum: 26 kg (57.3 lb)|