Lenovo ThinkSystem SR530 is an ideal 2-socket 1U rack server for small businesses up to large enterprises that need industry-leading reliability, management, and security, as well as cost-optimized performance and flexibility for future growth. Designed to handle a wide range of workloads, such as IT infrastructure, collaboration, and entry cloud, it can be the foundation of your online business.
Featuring the second generation of the Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family (Xeon SP Gen 2), the SR530 server offers a balance of performance, capacity and value. The SR530 server supports up to two processors, up to 768 GB of 2933 MHz TruDDR4 memory, 8x 2.5-inch or 4x 3.5-inch drive bays with an extensive choice of SAS/SATA SSDs and SAS/SATA HDDs, and flexible I/O expansion options with a LOM slot and up to 3x PCIe slots.
The SR530 server offers basic software RAID or advanced hardware RAID protection and a wide range of networking options, including embedded LOM, selectable LOM, ML2, and PCIe network adapters. The next-generation Lenovo XClarity Controller, which is built into the SR530 server, provides advanced service processor control, monitoring, and alerting functions.
The SR530 server offers a balance of processing power, expandability, and cost for small and medium businesses up to the large enterprise. Ease of use and comprehensive systems management tools help make deployment easier and efficient design improves your business environment and helps save operational costs.
Scalability and performance
The SR530 server offers numerous features to boost performance, improve scalability, and reduce costs:
- Improves productivity by offering superior system performance with the second generation of the Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family with up to 22-core processors, up to 30.25 MB of last level cache (LLC), up to 2933 MHz memory speeds, and up to 10.4 GT/s Ultra Path Interconnect (UPI) links.
- Support for up to two processors, 44 cores, and 88 threads allows to maximize the concurrent execution of multithreaded applications.
- Intelligent and adaptive system performance with energy efficient Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology allows CPU cores to run at maximum speeds during peak workloads by temporarily going beyond processor thermal design power (TDP).
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology boosts performance for multithreaded applications by enabling simultaneous multithreading within each processor core, up to two threads per core.
- Intel Virtualization Technology integrates hardware-level virtualization hooks that allow operating system vendors to better utilize the hardware for virtualization workloads.
- Intel Speed Select Technology provides improvements in server utilization and guaranteed per-core performance service levels with more granular control over processor performance.
- Intel Deep Learning Boost (Vector Neural Network Instruction set [VNNI]) is designed to deliver significant, more efficient Deep Learning (Inference) acceleration for high-performance Artificial Intelligence (AI) workloads.
- Intel Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (AVX-512) enable acceleration of enterprise-class and high performance computing (HPC) workloads.
- Helps maximize system performance for data intensive applications with up to 2933 MHz memory speeds and up to 768 GB of memory capacity.
- Offers flexible and scalable internal storage in a 1U rack form factor with up to 8x 2.5-inch drives for performance-optimized configurations or up to 4x 3.5-inch drives for capacity-optimized configurations, providing a wide selection of SAS/SATA HDDs/SSDs.
- Provides I/O scalability with a LOM slot and up to three PCI Express (PCIe) 3.0 I/O expansion slots in a 1U rack form factor.
- Reduces I/O latency and increases overall system performance with Intel Integrated I/O Technology that embeds the PCI Express 3.0 controller into the Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family.
|Machine types||7X07 – 1 year warranty|
7X08 – 3 year warranty
|Form factor||1U rack-mount.|
|Processor||Up to two Intel Xeon Gen 2 Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum processors:Up to 22 cores (1.9 GHz core speeds)Up to 3.8 GHz core speeds (4 cores)Two UPI links up to 10.4 GT/s eachUp to 30.25 MB cacheUp to 2933 MHz memory speed1st Gen Intel Xeon processors are also supported.|
|Memory||Up to 12 DIMM sockets (6 DIMMs per processor; six memory channels per processor with one DIMM per channel). Support for RDIMMs and LRDIMMs. Memory types cannot be intermixed. Memory speed up to 2933 MHz depending on the processor selected.|
|Memory protection||Error correction code (ECC), SDDC (for x4-based memory DIMMs), ADDDC (for x4-based memory DIMMs, requires Intel Xeon Gold or Platinum processors), memory mirroring, memory rank sparing, patrol scrubbing, and demand scrubbing.|
|Memory capacity||Up to 768 GB with 12x 64 GB RDIMMs (Up to 384 GB per processor).|
|Drive bays||4 LFF SATA Simple Swap drive bays4 LFF SAS/SATA hot-swap drive bays8 SFF SAS/SATA hot-swap drive bays|
|Internal storage capacity||2.5-inch drives:122.88TB using 8x 15.36TB 2.5-inch SAS/SATA SSDs19.2TB using 8x 2.4TB 2.5-inch HDDs3.5-inch drives:72TB using 4x 18TB 3.5-inch HDDs30.72TB using 4x 7.68TB 3.5-inch SAS/SATA SSDs|
|Storage controller||6 Gbps SATANon-RAID: Onboard SATA AHCIRAID 0/1/10/5: Onboard SATA RAID (Intel RSTe)12 Gbps SAS/6 Gbps SATA RAIDRAID 0/1/10/5/50:RAID 530-8iRAID 730-8i 1GB CacheRAID 0/1/10/5/50/6/60:RAID 730-8i 2GB FlashRAID 930-8i 2GB FlashRAID 930-16i 4GB or 8GB Flash12 Gbps SAS/6 Gbps SATA non-RAID: 430-8i HBA|
|Optical drive bays||None. Support for an external USB DVD RW Optical Disk Drive (See Optical drives).|
|Network interfaces||2x Integrated 1 GbE RJ-45 ports (no 10/100 Mb support)Onboard LOM slot for up to two additional 1/10 Gb Ethernet ports:2x 1 GbE RJ-45 ports (no 10/100 Mb support)2x 10 GbE RJ-45 ports (no 10/100 Mb support)2x 10 GbE SFP+ ports (no 10/100 Mb support)Optional Mezzanine LOM (ML2) slot for dual-port 10 GbE cards with SFP+ or RJ-45 connectors.1x RJ-45 10/100/1000 Mb Ethernet systems management port.|
|I/O expansion slots||Up to three slots depending on the riser cards installed. The slots are as follows:Slot 1: PCIe 3.0 x8; low profileSlot 2: PCIe 3.0 x16 or ML2 x8; low profile or full-height, half-lengthSlot 3: PCIe 3.0 x8 or x16; low profilePCIe x16 slot 3 requires the second processor to be installed.|
|Ports||Front: 1x USB 2.0 port with XClarity Controller access and 1x USB 3.0 port; optional 1x VGA port.Rear: 2x USB 3.0 ports and 1x VGA port; optional 1x DB-9 serial port.|
|Cooling||Four (one processor) or six (two processors) non-hot-swap system fans with N+1 redundancy.|
|Power supply||Up to two redundant hot-swap 550 W or 750 W (100 – 240 V) High Efficiency Platinum or 750 W (200 – 240 V) High Efficiency Titanium AC power supplies. HVDC support (PRC only).|
|Video||Matrox G200 with 16 MB memory integrated into the XClarity Controller. Maximum resolution is 1920×1200 at 60 Hz with 32 bits per pixel.|
|Hot-swap parts||Drives (select models) and power supplies.|
|Systems management||XClarity Controller (XCC) Standard, Advanced, or Enterprise (Pilot 4 chip), proactive platform alerts, XClarity Provisioning Manager, XClarity Essentials, XClarity Administrator, XClarity Integrators for VMware vCenter and Microsoft System Center, XClarity Energy Manager, Capacity Planner.|
|Security features||Power-on password, administrator’s password, secure firmware updates, Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 or 2.0 (configurable UEFI setting). Optional lockable front bezel. Optional Trusted Cryptographic Module (TCM) or Nationz TPM (available only in PRC). Optional Lenovo Business Vantage security software (available only in PRC).|
|Operating systems||Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, VMware ESXi. See the Operating systems section for specifics.|
|Warranty||One-year (7X07) or three-year (7X08) customer-replaceable unit (CRU) and onsite limited warranty with 9×5 Next Business Day Parts Delivered.|
|Service and support||Optional service upgrades are available through Lenovo Services: 2-hour or 4-hour response time, 6-hour or 24-hour committed service repair, warranty extension up to 5 years, 1-year or 2-year post-warranty extensions, YourDrive Your Data, Enterprise Software Support, and Basic Hardware Installation Services.|
|Dimensions||Width: 435 mm (17.1 in.), height: 43 mm (1.7 in.), depth: 750 mm (29.5 in.). See Physical specifications for details.|
|Weight||Minimum configuration: 10.2 kg (22.5 lb), maximum: 16 kg (35.3 lb)|